Pet Care When on Holidays
We regularly see several scenarios when pets are left at home to be "looked after by the neighbour".
Among the most common problems are:
- Severe illness or injury from escaping and being hit by a car
- Life threatening tick/snake poisoning
- Heat stroke if the drinking water gets knocked over on a hot day
- Medications not being given correctly
- Ingestion of snail or rat baits at a friend's house if looked after there
- Unexpected vet bills
Please leave your pets with either a qualifed house sitter or book into a good kennel. Ask us for our recommended kennels (and those you should avoid).
Book 2-3 months in advance as good kennels fill up quickly.
Make sure you leave contact phone numbers for the carer or vet to speak to you should something go wrong.